This year for Christmas we headed to Lance's parents house in Buhl. We got there Christmas Eve and played the present game where we each pick a number and then take turns picking a present and if you like someone else's present you can take it. I was at the end so I traded presents with Alyssa (who got a 12 pack of chili) so she could pick again. The boys ended up with some model airplanes, Lysa ended up taking the scrapbook paper, Lance got a fly fishing pole and case, and I got the chili. Karen said that she had an extra surprise and that she put some extra money in someones present. Everyone was really excited and started opening their presents looking for the money, we found it in the box with the chili! Karen said whoever picked the chili was very practical and thus they got the money.
We finally got the kids to bed and then set everything out for the next morning. We got to bed around 12:30, and around 3:00 I could hear the boys upstairs sneaking around. I went up around 6:00 and found Taylor looking through all the presents under the tree. We eventually all got up around 7:00 and started opening presents.
Mason got a Stereo with CD player and play for his iPod, a Snap Rover robot, plants versus Zombies, some games, and grandma and grandpa got him a big lego crane set. It took him about 5 hours to put this together on Christmas day.
Taylor got an iPod touch, some apps downloaded on it, case, screen cover, a watch, some games, and the crane lego set from grandma and grandpa Cannon. Taylor was my favorite on Christmas, he has wanted the iPod touch forever and even saved up money to get it, but I had already bought it this summer, so I had to convince him for five months to try to wait and maybe Santa would bring it to him. Needless to say, he was so excited Christmas morning!
Lysa got an American Girl doll with reddish curly hair, earrings, some outfits, a barbie scooter, and a ton of craft supplies and projects from Grandma and Grandpa Cannon. We had to bring home all of her craft stuff in a Tupperware container. She gets very spoiled by Grandma.
Lance got the best present of all, the kids wrote him cards and said, "Mom said it was okay for you to hang up your mountain goat (that is at the taxidermist right now) INSIDE the house(and not in the garage) when it gets done! He also got some stuff from his dad like the fly fishing pole and accessories and some money to get some new waders and boots. He gets spoiled by his dad too, which I am grateful for.
I got a Camp Chef, from Lance and the kids, which I have been wanting for camping. I also got some gift cards from Karen, some kids books which I can use for work, and a tied dyed sweatshirt that Karen said she saw and knew I would love.
Our favorite Christmas present that we received this year was from my parents, they gave us a pool table. We actually got it the week before Christmas and we have been having so much fun with it. Thanks Mom and Dad!
We had a great Christmas and are looking forward to doing some snowboarding soon with the passes that Joel and Holly got our family for Christmas (they said it was the only way they could bribe me to come to Salmon).

No comments:
Post a Comment