Tuesday, September 29, 2009

GIRLS WEEKEND GETAWAY

My friend Lora and I ran the Women's Fitness 5k race in Boise last weekend. I have never seen so many ladies in on place. They said there were about 14,000 ladies signed up for this race. They had music blasting, people dancing, and just having a good time waiting for the race to begin. They started us in waves so we all wouldn't trample each other. I was so tired that morning because we didn't get to Boise and get to sleep until about 2:30 that morning and I got up at 6:45 to head down to the race. I am surprised I finished the race. Nita and Katie came down with me to Boise to run the 5k too, but they decided to sleep in with the babies (wink, wink - we all know the real reason)!




This was right before the race started, if you can see in the background tons of people lined up down the street. There were other streets just as packed and ready to go.


This was our main reason for coming to Boise, to get away, shop, and relax!! Nita and Katie had me laughing the whole time, I love you guys!! Nita and her housekeeping demands and elevator problems and Katie just being ghetto Katie! What fun memories we will have from this trip.


Nita and Katie found these "sheep" vests that they thought Lance would love!


All of us sporting the sheep vests! We did some shopping, eating (which I am still full from) and just hanging out. We were trying to street Katie up a bit, HOLLER!

Hayden and his medicine on his face. He kept us entertained, so cute!


Nita's scary picture! Ha ha! We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Nampa, my friend got us a really nice suite, 2 rooms, a huge bathroom with separate tub and shower, and even comfy bathrobes to lounge around in.


Katie and Tanner. What a good baby he is, he just smiled most of the time.


Nita taught us a new game, "ghosting", where you following somebody really close and copy what they are doing and see who can go the longest without getting caught. She is trying to ghost Katie in this picture.


Nita and her super coupon deals that she got (notice how stuffed the trunk is!!)

3 comments:

Perkins Family said...

Next time...I want to run the race with you. Sounds like a fun trip and a good getaway for all of you. Hey my new address for my blog is back to my old one...(confused?) perkinsfamily6ofus.blogspot.com. See ya

CANNON'S said...

Sandra I would love for you to come and run with me next time!! I changed my blog back too, I decided I didn't care who saw it anymore :)

The Wright Family said...

Me too! But I really would want to run :)