Saturday, December 12, 2009

Robotics Team

Mason has been part of a robotics team at Fairview Elementary since the start of the school year. Their topic this year was Transportation. They worked together to program robots and come up with different ideas to help with transportation.

They had three rounds that they competed in with their team robots doing different missions. They also did a teamwork round, robotic design round and their presentation round.


Mason at the awards ceremony. His team did an awesome job!!


This is the Fairview team doing a teamwork project. They also did a presentation project about how they could use "kid power" on the bus instead of gasoline, it was wonderful!


Mason and his buddy Austin. This is who Mason worked the most with. They shared a robot and worked together to program it for their missions. I didn't get any pictures with their NXT robots that they made.

I forgot my camera so I had to use my phone, so the pictures are not that great. We started at 8:15 this morning and went all day long. I even got to be their team coach, since their normal coach was in charge of the whole event and needed to focus on that.

They worked so hard all year to be able to complete against 35 other teams, some even coming from Utah. Good Job Legonaters!!

No comments: