Tuesday, December 15, 2009

SO PROUD!

This happened a week ago, but it is something I want to put on here so Taylor will always have it to look back on. I was coming home late from school last week, like 20 minutes behind schedule, so Taylor was in charge while Mason was at robotics, anyways when I got home Alyssa was sitting on the couch with tears in her eyes. I asked what was wrong and Taylor said, "Alyssa was choking and couldn't breathe so I did that one thing that you did to me when I was choking of a piece of sucker."

I had to think for a minute and when Taylor was about 5 years old I made homemade suckers and we were eating the extra pieces and he got a big chunk stuck in his throat and couldn't breathe so I had to do the Heimlich maneuver, and the piece went flying, it was a pretty scary moment!

I couldn't believe that he actually remembered and knew how to do that. I was so proud of Taylor and sad that I was a bad mom and wasn't there to help at the same time! The rest of the night Lysa was giving Taylor luvs and kisses, telling him thanks! I am so proud of you Tay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Tay!! Way to be a big brother and take care of your little sis!!

~*Summers Family Fun*~ said...

Wow! That would be soo scary! Good thing everything worked, and thank goodness we get a break from school for a bit...but see you soon