This post is just for me...
I am finally a college graduate with my BS (Bachelors of Science) degree in Psychology. It has taken me such a long time to do this, but it has been something that I have REALLY wanted to do for myself. My next goal is to get my Masters and possibly PhD, which might be another 5 years to accomplish. I am so grateful for a helpful husband and children so I could be away from home some nights, study instead of play (which Lysa would actually help me with my flashcards), and not be a very good housekeeper or cook.
I started a new job doing PSR (psychosocial rehabilitation) work which I must say my very first day I wanted to quit and didn't think I could handle or stand the smells or mess that I saw. After processing the first day and having a heart-to-heart with my supervisor, who knows I was having a tough time, I came to realize that it might be hard and some days flat out suck, but we are all people and some of us might need more help than others. I just need to treat them how I would want to be treated or how I would want someone to treat my kids.
This is my second week now and I am liking my job more than the previous week and I love working with the kids, which I actually thought I would like the adults better, so I guess it is a good thing I am going into School Psychology. Kids give me hope, hope that I might be able to do something tiny to help them. I know they will teach me patience and give me insight to help me later on with my School Psychology career.
Enough of my ramblings, but I do feel lucky to be able to find this job while Lance is looking for another one. I am still doing transcription for MountainStar as well as transcribing for a couple of other doctors that I picked up on the side. I am very busy lately and feeling guilty that I am away from home a lot! This puts a damper on my running and working out schedule, but I would rather spend time with my family and time is a precious thing to me right now.

6 comments:
Congrats....that is an awesome accomplishment...you deserve to brag a little!!!
Good for you! I hope everything works out for you guys!
Hang in there! It will be worth it in the long run!! You are and always will be amazing to me in what you have done and what you are still doing! We miss ya on the workout side, but know its for the best on the family side right now!
Congrats on graduating! As I said before you are amazing!!!! I couldn't do what you are doing-hence the quitting.. But good luck, call if you ever need anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Job Triska, I remeber well the day you started your adventure. So many things have changed since then. You will do well. Heidi
You are doing great! There are not a lot of people who could handle everything on your plate. If you ever need to come and lay on my couch and vent, you can!
Post a Comment